Online shopping has its perks-- you can pick out all of faves right from home in your pjs. But, choosing the right size of shapewear without a fitting room can be tricky. How can you make sure you find the perfect fit? Try our handy sizing guide, and you’ll have all of your shapewear picked out in no time.
How to Get Your Measurements for Shapewear
Here’s how to get the perfect measurements at home, so that you can find the right size of shapewear using our fit guides. All you need is a tape measure and a pen and paper (or your phone) to record your measurements. Let’s get started!
How to Measure Your Waist
Without any clothes on, wrap a measuring tape around your midsection. There are two ways to find your waist:
- The fleshy part between your ribs and hips, that will be at navel-level or just above.
- Lean to the side with your hands on your hips. Your waist is that spot on your side that folds inwards.
How to Measure Your Hips
With your feet together, wrap a tape measure around the widest part of your hips, including your butt. The tape measure should be covering the fleshiest part of your hips and butt to get an accurate measurement.
How to Measure Your Bra Size
- First, measure your band. Ideally, you’ll want to measure with a lightly-lined bra or no bra at all, so that your breasts are in their natural state. Take a measuring tape and wrap it directly under your breasts. Record that number as your band size.
- Next, you want to measure your bust. Wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of your breasts. Record that as your bust size.
- Now, it’s time to do a little bit of math! You’ll subtract your band size from your bust size, which will give you your cup size.
- Refer to this chart to find your bra size using the numbers you just found.
Your Bra Size Equals Your Band Size + Your Cup Size
Sizing Guides For Your Favorite Products
Our popular shaper shorts have a high-compression level. This means they’ll shape and sculpt your legs, thighs, and mid-section, which will help create a smooth look. Refer to our size and fit guide below to see which size will fit you best. For products with high-compression, we also recommend to size up to ensure a comfortable fit.
The beloved shaper panty is a must-have closet staple for all occasions. To get the right fit, refer to our fit guide below. Take measurements of your waist and hips to find the right size on the chart. If you’re still unsure of what to order, you can chat with a Fit Expert who can help you find the perfect size.
Getting a bra that fits correctly can be challenging. In fact, 80% of women wear the wrong bra size. Once you know your correct bra size, as we show you above, you can use our fitting chart to find the right shaper bra. Believe us, you won’t regret getting this perfect fit!
When it comes to leggings, you definitely don’t want them too tight or too loose, especially for a workout. The best way to get the right size is to measure your waist and hips and refer to our sizing guide below. Our shaping leggings fit true to size.
Have Fun Shopping For Shapewear
We hope you found this sizing guide helpful! Have fun shopping for your shapewear, and don’t forget that we have a 60-day fit guarantee. There’s no need to worry about finding the perfect size when shopping with Shapermint. Still need help? That’s okay! Speak with a Fit Expert who can help you find the perfect size.
Share your favorite shapewear sizing tips on social media @shapermint!