In today’s stay-at-home world, getting dressed everyday and setting up the right routines might not come that easy. In honor of International Women’s Day, we are proud to have hosted Bottomless Closet for a virtual Reshape Your Mindset panel, where they welcomed their clients to join us online for a fireside chat.
On this panel, our expert speakers shared some of their best self-care tips, organizational practices and styling tips to help make your day as productive as possible.
How Does Getting Dressed Affect Our Productivity?
There’s a direct correlation between getting dressed, your confidence, and your productivity. How you look and feel shapes how you show up everyday. We’ve all been tempted lately to wear our sweats and be casual working from home. However, spending a little extra effort getting ready can put you in the right mindset to tackle your day.
The act of putting on an outfit releases chemicals in the brain, like serotonin, that put you in a positive mindset. Whether it’s for an event or job interview, putting on some lipstick or a piece of your favorite clothing can change your mood, especially in these tough times. - Siobhan Lonergan, Chief Brand Officer of Shapermint
You’ve probably experienced this before, where getting ready before an important meeting or event elevates your mood and gives you energy. It’s all about doing the little things that set you up for success everyday. When it comes to getting dressed, the right essentials can make all of the difference. Start with some great basics like the Truekind® Daily Comfort Wireless Shaper Bra or the Empetua® All Day Every Day High-Waisted Shaper Shorts.
How Can We Lift Our Self-Confidence On Bad Days?
We’ve all had those days when things just aren’t going our way. According to Siobhan, a simple way to change this is by setting up a daily routine. Setting your alarm for the same time everyday, hopping into the shower, and then getting dressed are simple ways to set up your day. If you’ve done those three things and then made your bed-- then you’ve already won the day.
- Plan your day with a notebook or sticky notes. Ask yourself, what are three things that I want to achieve today? They can be small things like reaching out to someone, cleaning a closet, or taking a short walk around the block.
- Try doing this consistently for one week. After you master that, think of what you want to achieve in the week ahead and begin putting together a plan.
- Surround yourself with people who help lift you up.
- Set a daily intention or find an inspirational quote that will keep you going.
- Change your thinking from “I can’t do this” to “this day is a gift.” Reframing your thoughts can help you get in the right mindset to plan your day.
Simple Ways to Set up Your Day
According to Natalia Bednarek, Co-founder of Herla Beauty, it’s important to set aside an hour to clear your mind without distractions. This can be as simple as doing a short 10 minute meditation or a DYI facemask with ingredients found in your kitchen. A shower or bath can reset your mood as well. Light a candle and play some soothing music in the background for a spa-like experience at home (even if only for an hour).
Listening to your breath and getting calm, quiet alone time can help center your thoughts. Natalia also recommends getting your beauty sleep. She says that 6-7 hours of sleep a day will change your skin, making it appear brighter and more well-rested. So, don’t forget to catch that shut-eye!
Organizing Your Closet To Bring You Joy
Gabrielle Richards, Sr. Brand Manager of Shapermint shared some of her tips on organizing your closet for a more productive day.
- Edit your closet and take out pieces that you don’t wear or no longer fit. Keep only the items that bring you joy!
- Color-coding your closet will make your life easier to choose clothing and assemble outfits either at night or in the morning.
- Organize your closet by denim, dresses, and comfy essentials, like joggers and sweats. Our Empetua High-Waisted Shaping Leggings and Camis make a great staple to your wardrobe.
- Plan ahead to select items according to the event you have. Select staple pieces that make you feel good.
- Find key pieces to give you a “wow” factor, like a colorful headband or scarf. This will really tie your outfit together.
As a bonus tip, Gabrielle likes to bring travel size perfume or essential oils with her to elevate her mood and everyday sense of style.
Don’t Be Afraid Start Small On Your Journey
If we have one big takeaway, it’s don’t be afraid to start small with setting up the right self-care rituals and routines to improve your day. Just a few minutes of mediation or a quiet hour to yourself can make all of the difference.
We are so excited that Shapermint was able to host this fire-side chat and share this valuable information to women around the world.
What are your favorite productivity tips? Share your personal favorites in the comments or give us a shoutout on social media @Shapermint. We can’t wait to hear your best tricks!